June 11, 2010

San Francisco: Chez Papa Bistrot (CLOSED); restaurant review

San Francisco 

Chez Papa Bistrot

CLOSED
  "Bistrot" has officially been added to the name and a new chef--Rodolfo Castellanos Reyes--is now on board, but the atmosphere and delicious fare remain, thank goodness. I also discovered that if you can get here before 6 p.m., you might actually be able to walk in and sit down. Having a reservation is still advised. As part of San Francisco's Dine Around Town program, a special $34.95 three-course menu is available through June 15. I selected a all-vegetable cauliflower soup, the always-spectacular and tender lamb daube, and a creamy panna cotta that subbed for my choice of lavender creme brulee, which they were out of. Our knowledgable waitress selected the wine and she definitely knew her vintages. I can't wait to return to this little gem on the hill.


More things to do in San Francisco

Way more things to do in San Francisco.

More ideas for exploring Northern California.

image courtesy of venue

2 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to my next San Francisco trip. I intend to visit every single page in your book! Maybe I won't go back home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you visit every page, you'll need to stay a looooong while!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

followers